Monday, November 23, 2009

A long and busy year.

Hello all I know it has been quite some time since I last posted. I have been very busy and I had no time at all. I apologize for the length of time in between.

To catch you up on things: I was promoted at work to manager and a nice pay increase as well. Back in September I had a bit of a scare. I ended up in the hospital for a week. Turns out I have diabetes. I went through a lot of different emotions, especially depression and wanting to give up. I could not have made it without the support of my friends and loved ones. I had a lot of people praying for me. So in all this I wrote a poem I guess depression makes for a great atmosphere in my poetry. Because I am astonished by what I wrote.

Please excuse the punctuation.


Ghost

the water runs over my bare body
it pools upon the ground
i dive into it, tread through it,
suffocate in it, drink it down
lost and alone in this cloudy vile
the tears welled behind these eyes
a massive body behind a dam
dives into my blood running like the river
as blue as an island sea
flowing through my veins

As it may come Where it may go
the sum of my fears
in some unknown cell
locked away from all eyes
searching for keys in this murky deep
sifting the sands of the ocean floor
If just to find myself in all this
anxiety reaches my fingertips
unbalanced and confused
searching my soul for answers unknown
unknown to me, unknown to all.... but god
the breeze may blow yet I do not feel it
numb like the cold winter night
the black among the white
the nail in the coffin
the wisdom beyond age.

By Dan Apollo

1 comment:

Felisol said...

Hello Danny Boy,
Thanks for visiting and for friendly remarks.
I am happy for your carrier advancement, and equally sad for your new found diabetes.
I will not pretend I do fully understand your soar poem, even if I have read it five times.

I do however understand both anxiety and the feeling of ones body letting one down.
It's a good thing you had someone pray for you. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer.
I am an equally believer of the flexibility of body & soul to adjust to new situations.

I hope that once you've found out how to balance the strain on your mind and the right amount of insulin combined with exercise and diet, you will feel better as a whole.
We aren't split personalities, we are a whole, when one part of the body suffer, the whole body and soul is in pain.

Hoping for the best for you and your days to come.
From Felisol