Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Day Like Any Other

Today I have spinned off into the past. Reliving my childhood and living in the memories that seem so precious. A time when everything was uncertain and the world was for the taking. I have a very complex veiw of my childhood. I can remember being happy but also scared to speak most of the time. I lived in fear of my father but loved him all the same. I was always so nice and willing to help out in anyway I could. People have told me that I am too nice and care about how others are feeling too much. To me this is not a bad thing, except when - like me - it takes over your life. Balance is something I seem to have trouble with, I seem to take it to the extreme too much or too little.

Here is a poem I wrote last fall. for me its about war.


Faith and Despair

I stand here among the clouds and watch
I see but do nothing
I hear but cannot speak
I open my mouth but only the screams creep out
Justice truly is blind
Some shadow of what was casts its presence
And the banshees screams travel from a distant shore
The blood thats pooled upon the ground
The thousands that lay before me
Souls in torture
Minds in disarray
Lives...
Lives that once were lived
Touch, the hands that once felt
Smell, the nose that was once was filled with fragrence
Taste, The lips and tongue that once were pressed with another
Sight, The eyes that once saw beauty
Hear, The ears that once heard magic and hope
Sorrow is left
Our protectors, our friends, our loved ones, our children
Pride is left
Hope is left
Faith is left

By Dan Apollo

2 comments:

Raven said...

Lovely poem, Dan. Nice post. I think we all struggle with many of the same issues.

Carletta said...

Hey Dan,
So glad you visited me today.
I love your poem. You and Raven are masterful with words.
I just remarked the other day on someone else's blog that I think the older we get the more we look back. When I do I try to only recall the best even though other stuff silently filters through.
I see you have the NASA image of the day in your sidebar. A friend hooked me on that a few months ago. Awesome isn't it!